Circus Freaks Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frustrations...

2 posters

Go down

Frustrations... Empty Frustrations...

Post by Trixie Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:25 pm

Just a general letting it out topic for when you're learning and nothing seems to go right.
I'll start...

Practicing with my poi I can not seem to make the double figure 8 motion to work for me. I've hit myself in the face twice now and keep getting tangled.

For juggling... I was doing great and now I can't catch a candle to save my life today.

Trixie

Female
Number of posts : 34
Circus Skills : Juggleing
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Frustrations... Empty Re: Frustrations...

Post by katitious Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:51 pm

Oh poi frustrates me to no end. I can't do a damn thing with them, except for circles to my sides, front/back, slow/fast, alternating, etc. But as soon as I try to move my arms, I hit myself and get all tangled up.

I was also having the same problem trying to get started hooping. I can hoop around my waist, around my hand above my head, and I can do the little booty bump thing where you're hooping while bent over a little bit. But trying anything else just resulted in a lot of cuss words and me putting my hoop away.

Luckily though, I was fooling around for the last few days trying to get the hang of leg hooping and I was able to get about 3-5 rotations every time last night! It's little things like that that remind me to stop trying to take giant leaps and just take baby steps. I was actually just talking to a friend about that today.

Good luck to you!! Some days are just better than others, and sometimes you just have to know when to put it down and take a breather for a moment...and then pick them back up again.
katitious
katitious

Female
Number of posts : 39
Circus Skills : Ultra beginner stationary trapeze
Registration date : 2008-12-10

http://www.mysapce.com/katitious

Back to top Go down

Post by Trixie Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:44 pm

Good luck to you!!
Thanks, and same to you.

I wish I could hoop at all. ^^'' I tried today and it went... Less then well. I think I kept it up for maybe five seconds or so. I think I'm going to stick with my poi, juggling and aerial hooping. Can't do everything.

Trixie

Female
Number of posts : 34
Circus Skills : Juggleing
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum